For the international viewers of potterish

Moderators: O Ministério, Equipe - Beco Diagonish

Mist
Com a Pedra Filosofal
Com a Pedra Filosofal
Estado: EUA

The International Hello Topic

Post by Mist »

Thought this could serve as a topic for all newcomers!
-------

Hi there, I'm also new to this forum. Nice to be here. I'm from Sweden, just like 'vipsticks' seems to be, the guy in the other topic.
The layout and style of Potterish is simply beautiful. (Parabéns pra turma brasileira criando um forum 'good old times' que até a JKR notou e recommenda). :D
Direct translation: Congrats to the Brazilian team for making such a lovely 'good old times' forum that even JKR noticed and recommend.

I read Portuguese without problems and write some too, but far from perfect. So I'll try to participate in the Brazilian/Portuguese speaking forums, as well.
I just love discussions about the books. And I do hope that fellow members from all over the world (including the Portuguese-speaking) want to participate on this International platform. One doesn't have to be an English language wizard to be able to write here.
I'll try to start up some topics starting with the next book coming up in July. 'The Deathly Hallows'.
Guess that more than one topic around the book will follow, so perhaps a special subforum just for this book will be needed in the end? To gather these threads together in one place, so to speak.

For now, Misteriosa will return to the deep forest in the north to come out of her 'den' shortly. Have a good time, all of of you. :P
And remember 'You need to have love in your hearts. Make the good and right choices in life. Just listen to old Dumbledore.
Reh.
Conhecendo os Marotos
Conhecendo os Marotos
Estado: MG
Casa: Corvinal
Facebook: pede por MP ;*

Post by Reh. »

Hi there!
My english is horrible³,so forgive my mistakes,plese.
Welcome,and if you need some help just clik here okay?

Thanks,this forum is really pretty and Big.[the team work a lot for that]

See you
I need to start to be myself
Because I'm sick of everybody else

I won't let you bring me down
It's here
And now I'm breaking out
I will learn to love again
But I will stand a broken man

I'm always up late
I think I'm everything you hate
Moony Ju
Na Copa Mundial de Quadribol
Estado: RS

Post by Moony Ju »

Very Welcome to this forum...
I hope you have a good time here, as we do...
I'm not very good at writing in English, I really prefer speaking, so if you need a help, or just wants to talk, click on skype button bellow...
I'm not an expert in foruns, but I'll do waht I can to help you!!!
Kisses
~ H²~

FF.Net

Voltei?
Lestat de Lioncourt
Com a Pedra Filosofal
Com a Pedra Filosofal
Casa: Sonserina

Post by Lestat de Lioncourt »

Hey there!

So nice to have foreign people here at Grimmauld Place!
And it's quite nice that you're able to read in Portuguese, specially considering the International part of the forum is still a child :)

But anyway, I really hope we can make this session work properly, with many topics, many different discussions, so that we can, as you said, begin creating new subsessions along with the growth and presence of foreign people as yourself.

For now, all I can do is offer my help and participation here. In anything you shall need, please do not hesitate in PM me, ok?

And thanks so much for all the compliments and for being so nice :)

. aham cláudia, senta lá.

Superiority.Supremacy.Slytherin.
. Death Eater Pride .

Ex-administrador aposentado, mas que tem muitas saudades =)
Luiza
Conhecendo A Toca
Conhecendo A Toca

Post by Luiza »

hi Misteriosa,... welcome to the grimmauld place,...

I hope you enjoy everything here,...

We can have a lot of nice discussions here,.. but as rafael said our international session is just a child... we have a lot thing to do... we need to grow a lot,.. I sure you can help us in this process....

be at home,... anything you need just call me

kisses,..

luiza
Ao final restam apenas três certezas:

* a de ter acreditado no ideal, no justo e no certo;
* a de ter feito o melhor possível;
* a da verdade do amor que une os Evans!

Orgulho de ser uma EVANS!

The Junnim´s Love
Mist
Com a Pedra Filosofal
Com a Pedra Filosofal

Post by Mist »

_Rebekka_ :
Thanks, so nice of you. Big hug to you, girl. Noticed that you are a Raven. Luna is one of my favourites. If I'm not mistaken Luna was in Ravenclaw.
Your English is quite all right. Just wait until I try my luck on the Portuguese speaking forums, hihi. I had Brazilian friends in my teenage, but haven't spoken a lot since those days. =)
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Moony Ju:
Thanks for the welcoming words and offers to help out. Kisses (beijos) to you, too.
Gryffindor is also quite a nice place.
Please continue writing in the new topics to come. As I said my Portuguese really sucks especially if I try to write fast. And my keyboard is designed for the Swedish/English languages so I haven't learned how to find the small characters needed for the Portuguese. Have to use the Char map. Muahuahua.
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Admin Rafael:
Thanks for your kind welcoming words. And yes, if I find the need for it I'll PM you. You can, of course, do the same to me and this goes for all of you here. Thanks. So true, the signature of yours. =)
(Off topic, sorry: How come you have a Philopher's Stone? Allready, by the age of just 20? So, alchemy is it? And interested in sports. Just joking.)
I felt quite lost at first but Claudia and Regina has been of great help.
Naturally I should have started out here in the first place.

I have noticed the discussions going on over in the Portuguese book forums. A mix of looong posts and short ones.
Some long postings from the pen of 'Zero' and the lovely 'Claudia Evans' about the eventual coming of the 'Fantasmas', the ghosts. Well, I'll have to meddle over there. Just love to be of another opinion.
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Luluka Evans:
Thank you ever so much! I will send an owl if need be. Kisses to you, too.
Yes, I do hope more foreign visitors will find their way to this lovely HP site as fast as possible. When topics and discussions increase they surely will. Nice age mix, too, here at Potterish.
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
If anybody wonders about my Avatar: I took the photo of the wolf myself. I have forgotten his name, but it was quite an exciting and wonderful meeting. He even kissed me on my mouth. Wow!
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Should I make any errors, wrong postings or some other mistakes, please correct them, admins!
And by the way, I'm a person of words and philosophy. Not a technical whiz. :wink:
Moony Ju

Post by Moony Ju »

No problem, anything you need, just call!!!! Yes Griffindor is a special place, but I'm sure you'll have fun in Ravenclaw too...
One question... Why did you chose riograndedosul as a state??? Have you already came here???
As you said, you can read in Portuguese, so, don't you want to make part of a family here, you are welcome in the family I take part:
http://forum.potterish.com/viewtopic.ph ... sc&start=0
There you just need to choose a name, and send a MP to the link on the page, then just to send messages there, and have fun...
Hugs and Kisses...
See you
~ H²~

FF.Net

Voltei?
Mist
Com a Pedra Filosofal
Com a Pedra Filosofal

Post by Mist »

Dear Moony Ju:
So sweet of you. I will just have to find my way around here first.
It wasn't possible to choose my own country when I became a member. It just wasn't there.
So I 'clicked' the most southern State in Brazil as one of my friends came from there and told me lots about it. My favourite soccer player, Ronaldinho, also comes from RS. And it seems to be the coolest State, when it comes to climate and maybe more than this?
My old soccer fav was Sócrates. I even own a number 8 Sócrates shirt (camisa oito). Yes, I do wear it sometimes.
See you around and also hope to talk with you in the topics. Lots of hugs.
Lestat de Lioncourt
Com a Pedra Filosofal
Com a Pedra Filosofal

Post by Lestat de Lioncourt »

Misteriosa,

You can't imagine how nice it is for me to see that you're being so welcome here, and that you're enjoying so much being a part of our family.
About the Philosopher's Stone, it reminds me to ask: have you noticed we have a Diagon Alley here at Grimmauld Place? By earning money at the topics at Harry Potter Session, or by competitions among users, you can buy all kinds of itens related to the book. The Stone happens to be a quite expensive one, but I'll tell you what, if you keep giving us the pleasure of writing so often here, I'll give you one too!

And yes, the discussions in the book foruns are quite extensive. All different kinds of theories, arguments, a whole bunch of information for any HP addicted like us. And, please, as you said before, do create topics here in the International session about the books, if you feel any need to discuss something, but cannot write in Portuguese. If it is your wish, we may even translate some new topic of yours in the Portuguese sessions, so that you can read what people have to say about your points of view.

And please don't mind my English. I was once an English teacher here in Brazil, but it has been quite a long time since I haven't done it, so I'm sure there are lots of mistakes in my writing. But I hope you're able to understand it all.

And a big WOW to that fact that you didn't just take a picture of a living wolf, but actually KISSED it! I don't think I'd have the guts to do it!

Anyway, I've written too much already!
As always, feel free to ask in case of doubts, ok?

Lots of hugs

. aham cláudia, senta lá.

Superiority.Supremacy.Slytherin.
. Death Eater Pride .

Ex-administrador aposentado, mas que tem muitas saudades =)
Mist
Com a Pedra Filosofal
Com a Pedra Filosofal

Post by Mist »

Rafael:
thank's for those words. So glad to be here. Although I don't have a lot of free time, I will try to pop in as often I can. You are all being so nice.
Your English is excellent, really.
English is not my mother tounge either, so my English is not impeccable. Far from perfect, but quite okey. Living in a small country we simply have to learn languages and stress this at school.
Thank you also for offering translation help. :P
My photo, yes. This was of course a wolf used to being around humans. But still, it probably takes some courage to have your face licked by a wolf. You can't chase after the wolf, he has to take the initiative. And the human flock leader has to be around. When he leaves, his place is immediately taken by a real wolf. This is flock behavior, and they are still wild animals, of course.
I wanted to mention the photo, because I'm aware of copyright.

I will take a look at the different items you mentioned. I'm sure there are lots of them.
I don't use coding for my posts, hope this is not a problem?
Should you find a topic of mine too simple, just remove it.

Lots of friendly hugs back
Hathipo
Recebendo a visita de Hagrid

Post by Hathipo »

=o

I go to practise my English here, ok?
hauhauahuahauhauhaa

My English is very bad, I'm finishing the "Fisk", but I don't have nobody to practise!
Many mistakes, hum?
ahsehauhsauhsuahsa

I'm playing, xP, but... just Welcome! ^^

- Não falem mal do meu inglês, ¬¬... hasuheuahsuahusa -
Mist
Com a Pedra Filosofal
Com a Pedra Filosofal

Post by Mist »

Hello Hathipo,
your English is quite okey. Thanks for the welcoming words. :)

Does anyone think that creating a language thread, or rather a new topic for this is a good idea?
Newcomers from abroad could get some help with their Portuguese, if they want to learn some words, and some of the new Brazilian/Portuguese friends could help out. In their turn they'll get some help with the English language. Bad idea maybe?

Another thing I have been thinking about is that we all posting here should get some "wizarding money" in the HP book topics. For creating books topics and for posting answers. Both members from abroad and those from Brazil and Portugal posting here or creating new topics.
The rest over here is natuarally off topic, but the books threads shouldn't be.
Talking about the HP books can't really be off-topic at all, even if it's over here in the International forum and in the English language. The books and Harry Potter is really the main reason for anyone to end up here at Potterish. Since we all love the books. What do you think?
Lord Legilimens
Na Rua dos Alfeneiros nº 4
Na Rua dos Alfeneiros nº 4

Post by Lord Legilimens »

Ok, now it's my turn!! :mrgreen:

First of all, welcome to potterish forum Misteriosa, and we hope that you like it.
You might be asking yourself: This guy is new on (I'm sorry about the prepositions, i have kinda troubles with them) the forum too, what is he thiking??
Well, I acess Potterish for years by now, and i got in the forum for some moths (this is another 'character' as i like to say).
I really liked your wolf friend, and the fact that some people are worried about them and dont chase him(chase should be hunt, im not quite sure) and really liking that even people from Sweden know some portuguese, but this isn't the case.
The case is...
well, I rally don't know( :wink: ), but i hope, as i mentioned earlier, you enjoy the forum, and as our beloved J.K said, potterish IS, and will always BE, a quite good forum AND site.
Your arrive please all of us, thank you and Bye-Bye
Chegou Meu Deathly Hallows!!
Mist
Com a Pedra Filosofal
Com a Pedra Filosofal

Post by Mist »

Thank you, Lord Legilimens.

Well this wolf isn't really mine, but of course you understand this. :P
These wolves are not running around out in the real wilderness, of course. You make the wolf safari within a restricted area surrounded by a fence.
In the forest you never get to see a wolve at a close distance.
People are usually afraid of the wolf and don't know a lot about them. The Safari is a way for us humans to visit, get a close look at and learn.
What I meant was that in here you still treat the wolves with the greatest respect and don't chase after them (you don't run) to make contact. Just as you don't do that to a dog either. If you want an animal to come to you, sit down and see what happens. I did and was suddenly surrounded by three wolves.
Dogs lick you the same way, if they are allowed to. It's really puppy behaviour. They are begging for food actually.
I better add that the wolves were not hungry. They are fed properly. But this behaviour is sort of friendly and automatic.
Still the wolves here are wild animals, and when there are no human visitors around they act exactly like wild wolves. One is the leader of the flock and they fight over food. As always, there's a ranking system and the leader eats first and so on.

But you are right, I don't think you should hunt them. Not if there are so few as in Sweden. We have just a little over 100 wolves in our country, although we have vaste forests. Yet the hunters are complaining. Many of them want to get rid of the wolves all together. In other words, hunters want all the game(elk,deer) for themselves.
Moony Ju

Post by Moony Ju »

Hey Misteriosa!!!
Misteriosa wrote:Does anyone think that creating a language thread, or rather a new topic for this is a good idea?
Newcomers from abroad could get some help with their Portuguese, if they want to learn some words, and some of the new Brazilian/Portuguese friends could help out. In their turn they'll get some help with the English language. Bad idea maybe?
What a great ideia!!!!!
I loved it!!!!!
If you need any help to talk to the webmasters, just call me, ok?
~ H²~

FF.Net

Voltei?
May Anna Black
Com a Pedra Filosofal
Com a Pedra Filosofal
Estado: GO

Post by May Anna Black »

Mist is a nice nickname!!!
hehehe
welcome to the forum! we all hope you enjoy it here!!!
so now I see you're not having problems in dealing with portuguese, right?!
hehe, we're all tryin' our best in english to help you as well!
so, hope to become friends!
cause that's what I say, love Hayy Potter and I'll love you!
haiouhaiuahoaiu
:roll:

"All's fair in love and war"

Mist
Com a Pedra Filosofal
Com a Pedra Filosofal

Post by Mist »

Hello there, May Anna Black. :)
Thank's for the welcoming words.
Brazilians are so nice, many sweet words in their language.
A warm tender way. It's probably due to the warm weather in this country 8)
Notice the sunglasses.
Just imagine the cold way up north. Summer during three month of the year.
Well right now in fact!
Sometimes the beginning of autumn is quite sunny too, but cooler. With a bit of luck four or five month are okey.

I must say, and this is not to hurt the friends in Portugal, that I prefer the Brazilian way of talking. There's a bit of samba in the rhythm of the language. The Brazilian Portuguese.

Goodness, my Portuguese halter a lot. :roll:
Yes, don't we all love Harry Potter, and Jo Rowling has a brilliant way of telling the story.
Beijinhos (kisses). Love you too.
Just MP if you feel like it.
Lea Lovegood
Estado: SP
Casa: Grifinória

Re: The International Hello Topic

Post by Lea Lovegood »

hello everybody!!!
I am brazilian but I speak english too, and I love make new friends ...
LETS TALK!!

Dora Feather
Estado: PR
Casa: Grifinória
Facebook: http://www.orkut.com.br/Profile.aspx?ui ... 5858842668
Blog: http://derkleyndiner.wordpress.com

Re: The International Hello Topic

Post by Dora Feather »

Oh, look, an international hallo topic!

Just passing round here to say hi...

I'm Brazilian too, but I'll be soon majoring in English (at least I hope so). But if somebody wants to try some Hebrew also, here I am! :P :mrgreen: See ya! :wink:
Spoiler
~Dora Feather~
(momentaneamente)

--Gezelshaft fun di Fantastishe Shraybers--

Família Grifinória

--Amor da Prizita WP
--Pai orgulhoso dos gêmeos Gui McKinnon e Raisa, dos gêmeos David e Daniel Feather WP e da Vanessa Black

Return to “International”