For the international viewers of potterish

Moderators: O Ministério, Equipe - Beco Diagonish

Mist
Com a Pedra Filosofal
Com a Pedra Filosofal
Estado: EUA

The ideal ending of Book 7

Post by Mist »

How do you imagine the ideal final battle between Harry and Voldemort?
Naturally that Harry wins, I guess?
Or will there be a totally different scenario in the end?

Myself, I would like an ending where Harry doesn't use an unforgivable curse. That he somehow goes victorious out of the final battle without tarnishing his own soul.
Like Snape shouted at him towards the end of HBP: "No unforgivable curses from you, Potter!"
I hope Harry survives and that Voldemort will be defeated in some other way than this.

In my ideal book final Harry and Voldemort face one another in the Department of Mysteries. Harry will somehow be able to open the door leading into the locked room. His inner love makes him able to sustain the hot radiation from the love in this room. He opens the door and Voldemort gets sucked into the room, or they both end up in there anyway. Voldemort can't stand all this love. If love is within the room it doesn't kill him, but strips him of his so called powers. I don't know if pure love can kill. I don't think so.

Either he'll be totally vanquised in there and dies, or gets stripped of everything. Returns to his old form again, being just Tom Riddle. He then understands what he has done.
To just kill him wouldn't be satisfactory enough. Or would it?
Losing all magical abilities must be a much greater punishment. To become a muggle. After this what?

I do think that some sort of incident will occur at Hogwarts since Voldemort seems to have special interest in the building and the founders.
Final Battle over there? Or somewhere else?

There will certainly be drama, action and death in the last book.
Gabirobas
Conhecendo A Toca
Conhecendo A Toca
Estado: SP
Casa: Sonserina
Facebook: http://facebook.com/gabirobs
Last.fm: http://www.lastfm.com.br/user/mr-gabirobas
Blog: http://superdupergeneration.wordpress.com/
Micro Blog: http://twitter.com/gabirobs

Post by Gabirobas »

Well, I've never though about Harry and the Unforgivable Curses.
It would be nice to him to kill Voldie in another way. I'd like it.

And I'd like it more if Severus help him! Severus helpping Harry to kill Voldie? Such a good reading!

But we can expect everything, we're talking about Jo's book, right? :wink:

twitter: gabirobs
tumblr: nightsofthunder
sigael :B

. mano da Pinup, da Leka e do Ph
. filho da Mari Mar e da Miu Miu
. meio-irmão e noivo da Aeres
Mist
Com a Pedra Filosofal
Com a Pedra Filosofal

Post by Mist »

This is very true Mr. Gabirobas. You never know with JK Rowling, do you?
We're pobably in for a big surprise in the end.

I want action, but perhaps not terrible revenge like an eye for an eye, and so on. Maybe this is because of my age and the fact that I'm a girl?
Then again, I guess I was more blood thirsty in my teens. :)

Do you, or anyone else have another idea for the final of the Potter saga?
Anna Black*
Na Rua dos Alfeneiros nº 4
Na Rua dos Alfeneiros nº 4

Post by Anna Black* »

Ahm, let's think... I would love to see Voldemort being tortured by Harry, but he doesn't have to use an Unforgivable Curse... I would also love to see Neville making Bellatriz suffer more and more!!!!!!! And it would be great to see Sirius again (he's my favorite character!!!!!)... I don't know... I'm not creative enough...
Mist
Com a Pedra Filosofal
Com a Pedra Filosofal

Post by Mist »

Anna, I do agree with you when it comes to Neville and Bellatrix.
Let him make her suffer a lot for what she did to his parents.

If there will be a way for Harry to get behind that veil and return back from there again I'm sure he'll meet Sirius again, even just for a short moment. I don't think Sirius brought his part of the two-way mirror with him. And I think Harry broke his into bits and peaces, didn't he? On the other hand maybe it can be fixed with that magical glue.
Patty Chang
Conjurando o Patrono
Conjurando o Patrono
Casa: Corvinal

Post by Patty Chang »

well... I don´t know... but Rony and Hermione dating I would like to see... really...
Corvinal minha paixão eterna
Betynha Sly
No enterro de Dumbledore
No enterro de Dumbledore
Estado: DF
Micro Blog: www.twitter.com/betynha
Location: Here, trying to put all the shattered pieces back into one heart

Post by Betynha Sly »

Misteriosa,

I agree with you about the unforgivable curse thing. I can't see Harry killing Voldemort by using one, specially after the covers had been released. I mean, probably they'll face each other wandless and pure in their states as wizards. I see them battling at the Ministry or at Hogwarts.

The locked room at DoM is a very good place to finish Voldemort off, but I don't know if Harry's ability to love would help him to open up the door at DoM. If yes, it will be wonderful to know how love will afect the Dark Lord. And becoming a muggle would be a gift to him. I mean, in the books he's not so evil as he seems to be, but we have a good idea how horrible he is and I think that maybe, just maybe he could kill himself after 'tasting' love in the locked room. It could be the reverse feeling of killing someone. He has pleasure killing. So, loving could kill him. And in my opinion would be interesting because Harry wouldn't rip his soul with such a strong mark as a murder, otherwise being capable to love would not be so important after all.

And I just say this because Dumbledore said that killing someone rips the person's soul and I believe he told Harry this to prevent him killing Voldemort with his bare hands.

But I must say, I'm afraid about this end... even though I don't like Harry all that much, I really want to see him live (The boy who lived, again!) as well as Ron, Hermione, Ginny (the Weasleys).

I didn't want to say it, but I believe at least a Weasley will die (Percy! hehe)...

That's it... I talked too much... again! ¬¬'
One True Pairing!

Image Image Image

Slytherin is not for the faint heart!
Romione - Caskett - Peeniss
Mist
Com a Pedra Filosofal
Com a Pedra Filosofal

Post by Mist »

Betynha,
interesting post you made here. :)
I have also been thinking about if Harry will be able to open the door this way. I hope so. Or perhaps he will be able to do it when all is over. Hope he survives. If so, maybe there will be a reward for him waiting in this room. The Philisopher's Stone? If so, he has worked for it through out the books by doing loving things witout even being fully aware of it.

I think that one thing that will be important in the end is that Voldemort and Harry now shares the same blood after the rebirthing bath in GoF.
The love in the blood. Will this destroy Voldie? Like an implosion? Does the shared blood make it more difficult to kill Harry in the end. It's the same blood that ran through Lily's veins. Does this make a continious protection for Harry even if he becomes of age?
Harry's protection at the House in Privet Drive will come to an end, but now these two, Voldemort and Harry are "blood relatives" in a kind of fashion. Does this matter at all or not?
Will this help Harry to defeat Voldemort?
Carol G. Weasley
Com a Pedra Filosofal
Com a Pedra Filosofal
Estado: BA
Casa: Grifinória
Micro Blog: www.twitter.com/carolgweasley

Re: The ideal ending of Book 7

Post by Carol G. Weasley »

For me it would be:
Harry NOT kill Voldie with any unforgivable curse (and not killed even xD), but it would not be with that crude Expelliarmus (nothing against) ...
Harry and Voldemort fight at Department of Mysteries, and somehow the 'Boy-Who-Lived' would bring back Sirius.
The epilogue could be a little different, and with more details, as explained more about each character so-called 'New generation', for example, I did not know immediately who was Victorie, not before reading interviews with JKR in which she mentioned that information .
The names of the pups of Harry and Ginny, poor creatures! 'Albus Severus',' Lily Luna '(okay, that was not so bad) and' James Sirius' Weasley Potter! For God's Sake xD!
RON HERMIONE
VIVA O LADO PAOLA BRACHO DA VIDA.
Ou seja: Case-se, vá para a cama com milhões de homens, fique nua para o pintor italiano, beba e fume bastante e dê gargalhadas maléficas.
Juh WP
Salvando Sirius e Bicuço
Salvando Sirius e Bicuço
Casa: Corvinal
Facebook: http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#Profile.as ... 8673240218
Micro Blog: http://twitter.com/juh_black86

Post by Juh WP »

I was waiting that Harry have died in the last book, but I like the ending. Why? Well, there were many deaths, battles. The Wizard World desevers a little of peace.
But, my ideal ending was: the definitive battle Harry x Voldemort. Harry wins Voldemort, back to the Hogwarts, finishes school and becames a Auror. Ok, many thing happens over 19 years until the epilogue. It was a good final.

Harry and Voldemort fight at Department of Mysteries, and somehow the 'Boy-Who-Lived' would bring back Sirius.
I agree. It would a great ending.

I would see Ron and Hermione like a couple, but I always known that the books is not a romantic. Is there love story? Yes, but is not a principal. They (Ron and Hermione) become a canon couple.

Maybe Jo writes a Encyclopedia, telling what happened with another characters.

- E se eu for para Sonserina? (...)
... - então, a Sonserina terá ganhado um excelente estudante, não é mesmo? Não faz diferença para nós, Al.

Harry Potter e as Relíquias da Morte (Pág. 589)
Carol G. Weasley
Com a Pedra Filosofal
Com a Pedra Filosofal
Estado: BA
Casa: Grifinória
Micro Blog: www.twitter.com/carolgweasley

Post by Carol G. Weasley »

Maybe Jo writes a Encyclopedia, telling what happened with another characters.

I hope so! :wink: Much was poorly explained, people Draco and Luna married to, for example, did not understand anything! In one interview she has already mentioned quam they are? *The girl who is never informed of anything ¬¬"*
RON HERMIONE
VIVA O LADO PAOLA BRACHO DA VIDA.
Ou seja: Case-se, vá para a cama com milhões de homens, fique nua para o pintor italiano, beba e fume bastante e dê gargalhadas maléficas.
Yami
Conhecendo A Toca
Conhecendo A Toca

Post by Yami »

Yes, she did.
Draco got married with a girl named Astoria Greengrass, who is the yung sister of Queenie Greengrass, a slytherin studen of his year (actually she was only mencionated in a really tiny part of the book).
And Luna got married with Newton Scamander's grandson. Yeah, The writer os "Magical Creatures" book, wich they use for study. I can't remember the name, so I call him young Scamander.

Honestly, I didn't like the ending. It was so... like a soup opera ending. With Tonks and Remus, and aaaaaall the cute-happy-couples getting togheter for the rest of their lives.
But there was some parts I foun pretty nice:
- Discovering, finnaly, the past envolving Severus and Lily.
- Draco's redemptial. (Even thoug I'd like it be more clear)
- Neville killing Nagini.
- "Not my daughter, bitch"
- Narcisa.

Return to “International”